Tuesday, September 13, 2011

We Love MSA

Tonight's Opening Social was a huge success. So many people came - more new people than those who were already part of MSA and I met some very cool people.

On a personal note...I was just thinking about when I decided to join MSA. It was during my husband's second year - and we were still only dating,  but somehow I just knew that the following year we would be a married couple. Melinda Frandsen and I were chatting at her house one night, talking about the upcoming Festival of Trees, and she invited me to one of their tree decorating events. I think Konrad and I were engaged a week later and the next year, I headed up the Festival of Trees and it was a lot of fun. It took just one person to invite me to join, and I wanted to be involved somehow in the med school life that sometimes evades those who aren't in the classes. It has been such a fun experience! I live in Bountiful so it has been different for me than many in respect to the whole social ongoing aspect of MSA where most people live by each other, but I love the friends I have made and the things I have learned from talking with those who are supporting a spouse in medical school. You don't have to have children to enjoy MSA (I don't have any but will in January!), and you will get as much out of it as what you put in.

Thanks for coming! This is going to be a fun year :)

2 comments:

  1. Heather, You're awesome. Thanks for being such a masterful web master, and such a good friend. Hope all is going well with you guys and interview invites!!!! We're almost there!!!

    ReplyDelete